Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Mixed Outcomes

I miss. . .
- - - watching movies curled up on the sofa
- - - walking quietly through the trees
- - - the warmth of your body in the night
- - - the way you finish my sentences
- - - going new places, seeing new sights
- - - taking chances I would never imagine
- - - having someone to trust with my soul
- - - a soft place to land when I fall
- - - laughing about our crazy families
- - - crying at our losses
- - - celebrating our successes, great and small
- - - watching you sleep




But, on the bright side,

I do not expect much anymore - -

unwashed dishes and unmade beds are mine alone
coming home to a cooked dinner only happens when I plan ahead
and set up the crockpot
I know I will be the one to tuck her in, wake her up and take her where she
needs to be
I will be the one to answer her questions - - even when the answer is
I don't know. . .

No comments: